Friday, December 6, 2013

DIY :: Christmas Caddy


When my husband leaves empty beer boxes in the fridge (which he often does!), my instinct is to throw them away to make room for something else. But instead of tossing them out like I usually do, I decided to turn this one into something useful (seeing as it fits the season!).

With no beer bottles to keep them sturdy, these boxes are actually pretty flimsy. So, the first thing I did was reinforce the bottom with part of an empty Coca-Cola box (ironically found empty in the fridge as well!).

I cut the Coke box even in width and about an inch longer on each side.


Using my hot glue gun, I attached the stabilizer piece to the bottom of the box.


 I folded the ends up...


and glued them very tightly.


I decided to use mine as a holiday utensil caddy...


but you could even detach the inside dividers to fit cocktail plates and napkins!

An upcycled six-pack box is perfect as a condiment caddy for an outdoor barbeque, storage divider for your markers and crafts, display holder for your Christmas cards...

or even a home-picked beer variety pack for a friend!


Recycle the box from your favorite beer to make something useful or repurpose one from a more seasonal beverage to match the theme of your home.

Think twice before you toss out that empty drink box next time... it might just be the thing you've been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment